Saturday 15 January 2011

Tis the season......

With the gorgeous Lanvin for H & M collection and the Dior Illustrated exhibition I saw last week at Somerset house, I was feeling more inspired than usual for dresses for the party season.  Obviously, after having trawled the aisles of bold lines and stand out female silouettes by RenĂ© Gruau, the stunning crystal bottle designs for Dior perfume and the couture gowns galore, I was itching to get my hands on a beautifully designed, full length "oscars" dress that turns heads when you walk ito the room. So I hit the internet looking for such a piece to deign to live in my wardrobe.  This botegga Veneta instantly caught my eye, and not only because I love the way silk drapes and catches just the right parts of your body, but because its simplicity was the epitome of elegance.




And this Lanvin gown, perfect for a New Year party on the rooftop of a fancy hotel



But then pinched myself and realised I wont be getting invited to any posh rooftop parties this year, but I will have new years cocktails after chistmas pary after what seems like an eternity of birthdays in one month, so I would need a dress suitable for all occasions, to be dressed down with a this seasons obligatory knee high boots in a soft grey leather and a pair of near opaque tights for a nice dinner at a trendy restaurant, or dressed up with those killer heels for a networking christmas party where you need to impress.  The dresses are designed to thrill this season, so it wasnt a chore picking some of may favourites.  Zara didnt dissappoint with its LBD with a twist.  These leather sequins are bang on trend and this dress could be teamed with your aviator jacket and sheerling boots or a long velvet jacket for a more evening look.

I only had to walk into one shop though for all my party season prayers answered. 
With dresses like these two from Reiss, which would look perfect with either heeled ankle boots and a biker jacket or long elegant eveing jacket and stilletos, you almost dont need to ask Santa for anything else. But who am I kidding. There can never be too many Marc Jacobs handbags.


No comments:

Post a Comment