Sunday 27 February 2011

Put some Spring in your step

I was avoiding writing about this because it’s just EVERYWHERE but spring is fast approaching and the fashions that are coming with it make my skin spark, so it could not be ignored! As much as I love furs, big knits and funky tights, nothing gets me more excited than spring summer clothes, and have you seen all the colours?? Now, I have never been one to embrace outrageous block colours, let’s face it, as beautiful as they are to look at in magazines or on a catwalk, will we feel the same confidence in it while drawing attention to ourselves in all our best intentions running for the bus in the morning or ordering our obligatory latte on the way in to the office? My answer this season is YES YES YES!  Seeing it on the catwalk is one thing, but walking into all the high street stores and seeing all the gorgeous colours, I have to say I got carried away.  I’ve lost count of my favourite designers combatting this look for the season but here are the ones that stuck in my mind:

Jil Sander with her iconic orange skirt image.




Gucci with their flawless execution of multi-blocking


Mark Jacobs with his 70s inspired summer print maxis.

And here are some of my favourites pieces from the high street.

No comments:

Post a Comment